In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 116
Online now 313 Record: 4666 (7/8/2013)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
One of the things that happens with these coaching changes is rampant speculation with no facts or logic, so I thought I woudl just have an honest assessment of coaching candidates...
Who is NOT coming...
1. Paul Chryst - folks, he is not coming. If anything he is tremendously loyal. Will not be coaching UW. Stop thinking he will
2. Chris Peterson -- please. Again, won't happen.
3. Gary Patterson - again, ain't going to happen
4. Jon Gruden - don't think anyone would think this is serious.. but wouldn't be a list if you didn't have him right?
5. Dave Doeren - not sure he would have been picked anyways... not coming regardless
Probably wouldn't come... but not as confident
1. Al Golden - could be wrong, but would be shocked if he comes to UW. Less confident of this opinion
Real Candidates... please (just a list, not preference)
1. Joe Rudolph - popular choice among former players (including myself) - not sure if he would be ready
2. Mel Tucker - don't know him well, but seems to have strong coaching resume with UW ties
3. Darrell Bevell- love bev, he was a teammate. Not sure he would be the right guy. Rudolph would be my pick over Bev if you know the two...
4. Bob Diaco - hot name these days, risk vs reward?
5. Pat Narduzzi - intriguing hire...
6. Jay Norvell - he would come hear in a heartbeat... just don't know. Not saying yes, not saying know... just don't know if he would be right guy
Those are just the names I've heard and my opinion on acutual reality of this happening. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a guy not on the list... feel free to add your thoughts.
PS: Fan reaction will be mixed no matter who it is... just give the guy a chance when it's announced. You all have expectations I understand.
I'd agree with that list.
Do you know Paul Chryst? Have you ever met him? Spoke to him in the last 48 hours?
I'm guessing no, and your knowledge of his loyalties and priorities are nothing but an opinion you've decided for yourself.
I'm not saying his coming back, but to put him on the top of the not coming list is foolish.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by wlowry 16 months ago
Ill know more about Chryst if I get a chance to talk to some Edgewood folks about it.
If God dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting
Yes. I've talked to Paul.
What did you learn?
Heimers a smart guy, I'm sure he's keeping his mouth closed except for family. Unless you're a Richert, I'm not buying it until we hire someone else.
Maybe Chryst is being loyal to his team and wanting to finish the year off and coach in the bowl game. So he can show new recruits what he was able to do at Pitt.
Who are you most loyal to... your employer or your family/home?
Go 6-6 lol
To some people their word is what makes them who they are.
What we need to be honest with ourselves about is the fact Bielema left less than 36 hours ago and we're all pulling our hair out over who the next coach will be and when it will get annouced.
The insanity of the twitter age...
do you know anything? i need an update now...
"When I get said, I stop being said and be awesome again. True Story." - Barney Stinson
Pat would be a Great Hire?
My pick was Chryst.
Now if JDogg says to forget it and he has it from PC's own lips. So be it.
My only question is why!
based on my perceptions and opinions.
Knowledge of the Program favors Wisconsin.
Friends Family and history favors Wisconsin.
B1G > Whatever conference Pitt is in right now.
Tradition at Wisconsin is better
Money? How much do you need?
The Bigeddysprings is not a horse.
The only one I would argue is tradition. I know Pitt was a powerhouse awhile ago, but they're not Minnesota awhile ago. There is also a lot more local talent there, but all in all I mostly agree.
Whoever you all get, you better get him soon or your whole recruiting class could be in trouble.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports