Bo Ryan and the Wisconsin Badgers continue the 2012-2013 season with a 73-40 win over Cornell Sunday night inside the Kohl Center.
The Badgers are now 2-1 on the young season and will face Presbyterian Tuesday in Madison, tip-time set for 8:00 p.m. (CT).
Cornell Game Notes
Wisconsin Athletic Departments
• The Badgers improved to 111-28 (.799) in non-conference home games under Ryan, including an 84-6 (.933) mark at the Kohl Center.
• After Cornell scored the game’s first basket, the Badgers held the Big Red scoreless over the next 7:28 while going on a 14-0 run. Cornell missed 10 consecutive shots during the Badgers’ surge.
• Junior guard Ben Brust finished with his second double-double in three games, tying for the game high with 18 points and pulling down a career-high 12 rebounds. Brust is averaging 8.3 rebounds per game this season.
• Senior Jared Berggren scored a season-high 18 points to tie for the game high and added 7 rebounds and 4 blocks. The performance is Berggren’s third double-digit scoring game of the season at the 23rd of his career.
• Senior Ryan Evans finished with the third double-double of his career, scoring 12 points, adding 10 rebounds and tying his career high with 3 blocks. Evans has scored in double-figures 33 times in his career.